who'd-a-thunk that we'd be experiencing a blizzard in viva las vegas! russ is estimating that we got 6 inches of snow today!!! all the kids in the neighborhood (and i'm sure the rest of the valley) had a blast playing in the snow. already, though, several trees throughout the neighborhood are breaking under the weight of the snow. i guess they aren't used to this weather either! on the bright side, though, russ and mia made a killer snowman, AND mia gets a snow day tomorrow! i don't know when she'll be able to say that again! here are a few pictures from our winter wonderland.

this is one of our palm trees. my neighbor, leslie, said that it's an alfalfa palm since it has that one frawn sticking straight up! we've had to knock the snow off the trees 3 times in just 5 hours.

happy as can be!

our neighbor, quaney





8 comments:
Oh, I'm so jealous!! I wish an anomaly would happen here :)
That'so cool. I am glad you got to play in the snow. I am surprised everyone in the pictures had coats?
I loved it! Although Wes was out of town and Nate isn't quite old enough to grasp how amazing it was that it snowed HERE . . .so I didn't get to enjoy it nearly as much as you but it sure is pretty!
Love the pictures!
Kate wanted to play w/ Mia but you guys already went inside when we came out.
a
Ok you think that is bad, here in Portland where we never get any real snow in the valley, we have had church and school cancelled for 5 days straight and they will be canceling Church again this Sunday, it is CRAZY Funny!! Guess we can thank global warming? They don't have many plows for the city so basically everything closes down. We have been have sledding parties with our neighbors and friends, soo fun!
Seriously, unbelievable! So fun though. :)
It's fun to see your blog. Thanks for the Christmas update!
Post a Comment