23 August 2008

addition to my art collection


i love collecting original art.  i don't have a ton of it, but i have a few original pieces throughout our home.  i was at a neighbor's house recently, and she had commissioned shauna lewis (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6049546) to do these black and white portraiture paintings of her kids.  i thought they were very striking and i liked the idea of having some original portraiture of my kids!  both pictures are from when the kids were 10 months old, which is my favorite baby age, so i thought it was a good time in their lives to capture!  here, i have the original photo next to the finished painting for comparison.

4 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Love them! Still haven't picked a photo of Nate yet . . . but you just inspired me to get crackin'!

Judy said...

Those are amazing! what a great keepsake! I'm going to check into it!

sweet mama entropy said...

Those painting are so adorable! And I agree with you, I need more art of my kids too. They grow up so fast!

Jessica said...

I love them. I was debating about doing it, but I think I am jumping on the board.