22 March 2009

13.1, baby!

my sister, jamie, and bff, candice, ran a 1/2 marathon up at red rock canyon on march 7th.  the first 5 miles were completely uphill!  plus it was freezing cold and windy.  my parents and i drove the course on a spectator bus while the runners were racing.  seriously, it doesn't get more pathetic than that.  actually if we were eating nachos or something while riding on the bus, that would make it even more pathetic!  jamie came in at 1 hour 52 minutes.  candice was right behind her at 2 hours 7 minutes.  i am so proud of these women...



i had on 5 layers and was still cold.  i was walking into the bathroom, and a little girl (probably around age 8) looked at me and just said, 'whoa!'






4 comments:

sweet mama entropy said...

I think you look sort stylish myself - I don't know what that little kiddo was talkin' about :)

Wendy said...

GOOD job Jamie!! Holy cow, that's awesome! We're going to try and do the Park City Marathon in August but I'm scared! : )

Tiffany said...

You are such an awesome sister and friend to go and cheer them on!

Ashley said...

Go Jamie!!! I love you babe! You are my hero :)