29 June 2008

girl's camp

i was able to go to girl's camp with our church young women for 3 days (june 17-19).  we didn't actually camp...we stayed in a cabin in the mountains outside of salt lake city (my  kind of roughing it!).  the theme of our camp was "searching our past, securing our future," so we toured many church history sites including cove fort, welfare square, the humanitarian center, salt lake city cemetery, this is the place monument, the conference center, temple square and the museum of church history and art.  this photo was taken at the church administration building, which was built in 1914.  elder madsen of the 70 gave us a tour, which was very insightful.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Hum, lucky for you. I spent 5 days at Girls Camp at Flaming Gorge sleeping in a sleeping bag in a tent. I certainly looked (and smelled) much worse than you did after a week of girls camp, I'm sure.
Glad you had fun.
Enjoyed all of your pictures, especially those of Eliza since I have not seen her yet.

Andrus Family said...

I LOVED seeing this picture. All of the girls look so grown up, I can't believe it! Sounds like you had a great time, and sorry we never met up...next time!

Judy said...

I heard you guys had a ball! What a cute picture - but who is that goofy looking guy in the back? :)