08 July 2008

4th of july

we spent the 4th of july at my parent's house.  we barbecued (the missionaries joined us for dinner), roasted marshmallows in the fire pit, had a fireworks show in the front yard and then drove to green valley ranch to watch a beautiful, huge fireworks show that lasted 10-15 minutes.  it was a wonderful evening to celebrate this great country.  

georgie "helping" papa steve grill carne asada...

mia waiting for the fireworks show to begin...

georgie's first ever sparkler...

i couldn't help but include this picture - i laugh every time i see it!

george is a little unsure about these things...

this is the view from my parent's front yard.  i love the sunsets in las vegas.

my dad decided to make his own fireworks show by lighting a firework and then throwing it in the air.  it worked pretty well a couple of times.

mia is our wincer.  i always look forward to the 4th of july because she just winces the night away...

9 comments:

Jessica said...

So cute! I just love the one of Mia with the sparkler. It looks like sucha fun evening. Can't wait to see you guys next week.

Judy said...

Too much fun!! I just love your family! It seems like nobody has even changed! Give everyone my love!

sweet mama entropy said...

Your kids are adorable!! Looks like you all had a fun 4th. And I agree, that Vegas sunset is beautiful!

Our Family said...

So cute pictures. I love the one of Mia. Thanks for the update.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Looks like you had a great time. The photos are great!

Pepple said...

I loved reading your blog! You have such an adorable family, your kids are too cute!

Mom and Dad said...

Love the pictures of the kids with the sparklers, too cute!! We love the 4th too!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that picture of Mia! What a cutie!

Andrus Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a great 4th! It was good seeing you last week...I really miss everyone!